It’s the busiest time of the year for pubs, clubs and venues but if you run any of these you need to check you’re legally covered for festive trading!

Peterborough City Council’s Licensing team is urging pubs, clubs and other licensed premises in the city to check their licences and ensure they’re covered to trade legally over the Christmas and New Year period.

This year both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve fall on a Tuesday and unless licensed premises already have extended hours on their licences for the festive period they may have to close at 11pm or earlier.

Darren Dolby, Peterborough City Council’s Licensing Regulatory Officer, told ESP – “We are asking all licensees to check the timings on their premises licence to ensure that they are covered to legally trade for the hours they are wishing to open over the Christmas and New Year period.

“There are many premises that are licensed to sell alcohol or provide entertainment for less hours during the week than they are at weekends.”

As Christmas and New Year are on weekdays this year, licensees who wish to open longer than normal for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will need to contact the council’s Licensing team in order to submit a Temporary Event Notice as soon as possible so that they can trade legally over the festive period.

The final date for submitting a Temporary Event Notice for Christmas Eve is Monday December 9, 2013 and for New Year’s Eve it’s Thursday December 12, 2013.

For more info contact the Licensing team on 01733 453491 or by emailing

Recent Posts

See All