Here’s the top 10 Christmas Gifts of 2016 – as chosen by the kids of Peterborough and ESP’s Mikey Clarke (a big kid!)
Anyone who knows me would probably agree that I am a big kid. My house looks quite similar to the apartment rented in the film ‘Big’. In fact, a guest that I recently had round commented, “You have a lot of toys for someone with no kids!”
I’d like to stress we’re not talking dolls or bears – that would be weird – but things such as Nerf Guns and Remote Control Cars. Still weird? Fair enough.
The event was held in North Square, giving myself and families the chance to see, test and review the latest toys, gizmos and gadgets that will be available in stores this Christmas… [youtube id=”LuF-VcSgHM0″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
Sent by secret courier from the elf toy workshop, we got to play with over 30 toys for girls and boys from places such as John Lewis, Argos, Menkind, M&S, Tiger, Game and HMV.
As fun as it was playing around, we also had responsibility. It was up to us to decide what should make it onto Peterborough’s top ten Christmas list for 2016.
We marked each toy we’d played with out of 5 before handing them back to Santa’s helpers. The scores were tallied up and the results are now in.
Last year’s winner was John Lewis’ remote controlled Yoda, which was a huge hit with kids – particularly with the release of the new Star Wars film. Who or what is the champion this year?
Drum roll please…
10. Skylanders Imaginators – Game – from £49.99
9. Micro Mini T-Bar Scooter – John Lewis – from £59.99
8. Nerf Modulus Tri Strike – Argos – £29.99 (was £59.99)
7. Remote Controlled Ferrari Enzo – M&S – £35
6. Furby Connect – Argos – £49.99 (was £99.99)
5. Karaoke Keyboard – Tiger – £30
4. Star Wars Robotic BB8 – Argos – £169.99 (was £199.99)
3. Mercedes Remote controlled car – Tiger – £30
2. Disney Princess Frozen Elsa Toddler doll – John Lewis – £19.9
1. Lolly the Elephant – Argos – £34.99 (was £69.99)
Head to Queensgate for all these and much more!
Photos and video: Mitchell Brewster media for ESP Magazine