Get ready for a day packed with fun, music and dance for all the family at the Whittlesey Festival.
It all kicks off at 10am on Sunday September 6 with a spectacular, colourful, musical parade from the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street, and will make its way to the Market Square for the official opening by the Mayor of Whittlesey at 10.30am.
Bands and artists performing throughout the day include Hereward Harmony, Singchronicty, 20Twenty, Nomads and Flowers, The Buzz Rats, Radius 45, Rocket 57, The Wayfarers, the Islanders and many more throughout the day.
Children can enjoy free (or subsidised) rides and amusements, puppets shows and face painting and there are numerous stalls for you to visit. New this year is the award winning Haverettes All –Girl marching Band all the way from Essex, as well as the Rug-Cutters Lindy Hop dancers and a Steel Drum band.
Take a walk back in time with a display of over 100 Vintage vehicles and a World War two Dakota aircraft flypast. Visit the Schools Art Exhibition with work from students at local schools on display at the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street
- World War II Flypast by Dakota aircraft
- Peterborough Highland Band,
- Haverettes All- Girl Marching Band
- Vintage Vehicle display
- Steel Drum Band
- Royal British Legion Riders Branch ( Motorcycles)
- Puppet Shows
- Dance Displays – including Street Dance, Lindy-hop, Flags
- Fairground Rides
- Free Face Painting – Market Square – (outside Whittlesey Christian Church marquee)
- Numerous Stalls
- Singers and Musicians
- Fairground Rides ( free or nominal charge)
- Majorettes – Farcet Dance and Twirl
- Schools Art Exhibition – Whittlesey Christian Church, Broad Street
- Football Speed Cage – test your football skills
- Climbing Walls , Bungee
- Stocks, Gladiator Challenge,
- Pony Rides ( for nominal charge )
If you would like more information about the Festival please contact Brian Smithyman on 01733 752093 or Jenny Parker on 01733 351005.