Peterborough’s Queensgate centre is preparing for stores to reopen again on Monday June 15 but things will be a little different for shoppers, including a new one way system.
Centre Director Mark Broadhead said – “In line with current government advice and direction, Queensgate Shopping Centre is supporting the reopening of non-essential retailers on Monday 15 June.”
When the lockdown was enforced in March the centre largely closed but remained open for essential retail only and committed to deep cleaning of malls, car parks and service areas.
Now a further comprehensive plan for visiting the centre has been created to ensure you feel confident and safe when you visit Queensgate, this includes:
- An enhanced daily cleaning schedule
- Hand sanitisers at entrances and exits
- All Queensgate staff will wear gloves and a facial mask
- Two-metre indicators will be present on the floor
- Visitors will be asked to ‘stay-to-the-left’ and use a new one-way system
- Information signs will be present throughout the centre giving advice
Mark adds – “The safety of our staff and visitors is an absolute priority and we want to reassure people that we’re following all procedures to keep them safe. These are unprecedented times, so we ask each individual to be patient, vigilant and respectful to others when visiting, and do not visit if you have any signs of the COVID-19 virus.”
The centre’s opening times have also been revised to:
Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm
For the latest information about the centre, visit www.queensgate-shopping.co.uk