Not long to go until the new-look Autumn Food and Country Fair in Peterborough – with food, fur, feathers, family fun and a star baker!
A highlight in the autumn calendar, the event is the biggest of its kind in the region, taking place at the Peterborough Arena and East of England Showground on Sunday October 11.
Top tips to improve your bakes, demonstrations, inspirational commentary and book signing will all feature during Paul’s visit, when fans will have the chance to take a seat at one of the timed demonstrations.
Paul will be taking part in three demonstrations throughout the day at 10.30am, 1pm and 3.30pm – with tickets selling fast.
And building on the Great Eastern Craft Fair which was launched last year, this element of the show moves into the Atrium – with the chance for keen cooks, budding knitters and sewers or crafty card makers to show off their work.
As well as a touch of Hollywood, there will be an appearance by Paddington™ and an abundance of attractions for the whole family, including:
– Indoor food and drink area with stalls, sampling, wine tasting and butchery stage by leading producers.
– NEW: Daring demonstrations from the exhilarating 3SIXTY bicycle stunt team
– Return of the popular Wisbech Shire Horse Show
– Companion Dog Show and other canine events
– East of England Giant Vegetable competition
– Exhibitions of rare breed cattle, sheep, pigs and goats
– Ferret racing
– Donkey Rides
– Pigeon display
– Dozens of trade stands and craft fair
– Kids Country events for children – including pancake making
– Classic car and vintage tractor displays.
Peterborough Arena event manager Kerry Buttriss said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be welcoming such a high profile celebrity like Paul Hollywood to the event.
“We wanted to introduce some new elements to the Autumn Fair this year, hence the new name, to widen its appeal to the public and families whilst maintaining many of the features which people love about the event, and come back year after year to enjoy.”
There is free parking and the event runs from 8am until 4pm. The East of England Showground is located just off the A1 at Alwalton near Peterborough.
Visit www.autumnfoodandcountryfair.co.uk/visitor-info for ticket details and other information.