Nene Park will see its new electric boat take to the water as part of its Autumn Festival events this half term.
There are lots of events lined up to keep the family amused in the fresh air including group trips on the new boat around Overton Lake.
The festival runs from Saturday October 24 to Sunday November 1, with daily Pay and Play watersports and cycle hire operating at Nene Outdoors, alongside autumnal art and crafts and outdoor adventure events.
Throughout the festival:
- Pay and Play watersports and cycle hire at Nene Outdoors, drop in between 11am and sunset to enjoy swan pedalo rides and kayak, canoe, row boat and stand-up paddleboard hire. Discover the range of bicycles available for hire and explore the wider Park!
- A Holiday Trail will be running daily throughout the Autumn Festival week, collect a trail sheet from the Visitor Centre & Gift Shop and then hunt for questions as you walk around Ferry Meadows, remember to return to the Visitor Centre to collect your prize.
- Download a virtual guided walk and enjoy the Park at your own pace, whilst enjoying the virtual commentary!
- Online activities – a number of nature-themed discovery and craft activities will be available to download on their website for you to enjoy at home for the duration of the half term break. Printed copies of their activity sheets will be available at the Visitor Centre & Gift Shop in Ferry Meadows for a small donation.
- Build a bat box – For a limited time only, bat box kits will be available to purchase from the Visitor Centre. Follow the instructions to build your bat box at home and then put it up in your garden!
Saturday October 24: Join in with Scarecrow Making – book with your household or support bubble (maximum of 6 people) to make a scarecrow! All materials are provided and the scarecrows will be used to decorate the Park for half term.
Monday October 2: Take part in their Tree Hunt and Broomsticks event, hunt for the witch’s belongings in the trees and make your very own broomstick! This event takes place in Bluebell Wood. Please book in advance with your household or support bubble, maximum of 4 people.
Tuesday October 27: The Tree Hunt and Broomsticks event continues, this time at Thorpe Meadows. Please book in advance with your household or support bubble, maximum of 4 people.
Wednesday October 28: Learn a new skill with the Nene Outdoors team who’ll be running drop-in Archery Sessions throughout the day on Coney Meadow.
Thursday October 29: Meeting Magical Mammals, watch an online video and then join the Q&A session with ranger Chris to find out even more about the small mammals that live in the Park.
Friday October 30: Take part in the Tree Hunt and Broomsticks event which comes to Ferry Meadows, hunt for the witch’s belongings in the trees and make your very own broomstick! Please book in advance with your household or support bubble, maximum of 4 people.
Sunday November 1: Enjoy a ranger-led Bulb Planting event, plant one in the Park and take one home!
For full event information, timings and prices, please visit www.nenepark.org.uk/autumn-festival
All events and activities have been carefully planned to meet Covid-19 safety standards. Pre-booking will be essential on certain events through our website and group numbers have been reduced to ensure that social distancing can be maintained. Any changes to the events scheduled due to regulations changing will be detailed on their website.
Contact 01733 234193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, accessibility advice or directions.
Nene Park Trust is a charitable organisation and relies on public support to manage the upkeep of the beautiful green spaces for all of us to enjoy. Any support you can give to ensure the continuation of their services will help considerably. Please go to www.nenepark.org.uk/donate if you are able to support them.