There’s so much lined up for this year’s Whittlesey Festival on Sunday September 11 it’s set to be one of the best yet.
Starting at 9.55am with a spectacular, colourful and musical parade from the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street, everyone’s invited to line the streets to see this wonderful display.
The parade will make its way to the Market Square for the official opening by the Mayor of Whittlesey at approximately 10.30am. There’ll be music, song and dance as there’s a full programme of activities throughout the day finishing with a musical finale by the Romford Drum and Trumpet Corp and Peterborough Highland Band finishing at 4pm.
Children can enjoy free (or subsidised) rides and amusements, puppets shows and face painting and there are numerous stalls for you to visit.
Take a walk back in time with a display of over 100 Vintage vehicles with models ranging from the 1920’s Morris Oxford Cabriolet, Austin’s and Fords from the 30’s and 40’s together with more modern ‘specials’ ( Hot Rods). Some of the vehicles are unique to this event and there’s the rare opportunity to see the Gilbern which has been totally restored by retired racing mechanic David Nicholson.
Visit the Schools Art Exhibition with students’ work from local schools on display at the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street.
Here’s some of the great stuff lined up…
- World War II Flypast ( Spitfire and possibly a Lancaster)
- Peterborough Highland Band
- Romford Drum and Trumpet Corp
- Vintage Vehicle display (over 100 cars and motorcycles)
- Puppet Shows
- Craft Fair ( in Childers Station Road )
- Dance Displays – including Street Dance, Lindy-hop, Flags, Pig-Dyke Molly
- Fairground Rides
- Free Face Painting– Market Square – (outside Whittlesey Christian Church marquee)
- Numerous Stalls
- Singers and Musicians (full programme in St Mary’s Yard and Church all day)
- Fairground Rides ( free or nominal charge)
- Majorettes – Farcet Dance and Twirl
- Schools Art Exhibition – Whittlesey Christian Church, Broad Street
- Football Speed Cage – test your football skills
- Climbing Walls , Bungee
- Stocks, Gladiator Challenge,
- Pony Rides ( for nominal charge )
…and so much more. It should be a great day out for all the family.