EAST the restaurant on the river has reopened in Peterborough and is offering a new menu.
EAST has been a popular choice on the city’s dining out circuit for years and prides itself on providing good quality Pan Asian cuisine freshly prepared by a dedicated team of Thai chefs. It’s now once again taking dine in bookings (up to 6 people only) as well as offering takeaways and collections.
They have recently launched a delicious new 2/3 course menu called ‘East Twist’ which is served Sunday – Thursday, priced at £15 for two courses or £18 for three. This includes mains such as Malaysian Vegetable Korma, Spicy Squid Ink Spaghetti Seafood and Korean Pot Rice (see full menu below).
The restaurant above Charters bar is open for lunch 12 – 2.30pm on Sundays but unfortunately due to the current government guidelines they can’t offer their Sunday buffet at this time.
Their popular £10 Tuesday menu is a chance to enjoy two courses for a tenner.
You can book by calling 01733 315702.
EAST TWIST MENU
- Wasabi Prawns – King prawns in a light tempura batter with a warm creamy mayonnaise
- Crispy Larb Chicken – Crispy chicken tossed together with a lime juice and chilli sauce, finished with crushed roasted rice and red onions
- Sesame Pork – Slices of sweet pork neck, marinated in Thai spices and pepper, served with a spicy Sriracha sauce
- Chilli and Garlic Tofu – Tofu, deep-fried, then tossed in a light garlic pepper and chilli sauce
- Mushroom Croquettes – Mushrooms coated with panko flakes, deep-fried and served with a sweet sesame and soy sauce
- Korean Pot Rice – Finely chopped chicken with Korean chilli and spices, on a bed of jasmine rice, topped with egg yolk
- Spicy Squid Ink Spaghetti Seafood – Prawns, squid and mussels, flavoured with sundried chilli, garlic and basil
- Green Curry Pork – Slices of tender pork, in a rich creamy green curry sauce, with kaffir lime leaves and zucchini, served with vermicelli noodles
- Sambal Burger – A handmade burger, with a Malaysian Sambal sauce, kaffir lime leaves, lettuce and mayonnaise, served with rosemary salted chips
- Pad Cha Spaghetti – A warm spicy spaghetti with mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, and aubergine, with sundried chilli, wild ginger and basil
- Malaysian Vegetable Korma – A mix of Malaysian curry and Indian spice with seasonal vegetables, tofu and cashew nuts, served with jasmine rice
- Tempura Ice Cream – Vanilla ice cream, deep-fried, served with a blueberry sauce
- Coconut Ice Cream – Handmade coconut ice cream, topped with salted peanuts
- Banana Fritters – Warm banana fritters with a rich coconut palm sugar sauce