The best Christmas toys for 2017 are revealed by Queensgate’s tiny testers…
Hundreds of toy testers rushed to Queensgate Shopping Centre to find this year’s ‘must have’ toys, and help Santa put together his top 10 toys for 2017.
Argos, John Lewis, Game, Tiger, Menkind and Marks and Spencer all took part in the free event offering toys for children to play with, from remote controlled cars to virtual reality goggles; but which toys made it onto the top ten list?
235 testers and their parents completed Santa’s score sheet, which asked for a mark from 1 to 5 smiley faces for each toy tested. Over 1,880 marks were cast in total across 30 different toys during the two-day event, but only 10 could make the cut. Who are they?
Top of the list and with the most marks is….
Game’s Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart. Children voted this the best toy by far with 745 points and was one of the best played with toys amongst boys and girls. The Nintendo Switch is £279.99 on its own or £319.99 with Mario Kart.
The Queensgate Shopping Centre Christmas Toy Testing list according to children in Peterborough is:
- Nintendo Switch console with Mario Kart – Game (£309.99)
- Remote Controlled Tarantula – Tiger (£20) & John Lewis (£25)
- Cars 3 Lightning McQueen Remote Controlled Car – Argos (£39.99)
- Black Mercedes remote controlled car – Tiger (£30)
- Cry Babies ‘Bonnie’ – Argos (£29.99)
- Lamborghini remote controlled car – Menkind (£24.99)
- Micro mini scooter – John Lewis (£79.99)
- Floor Piano – John Lewis (£30)
- Mini Cooper remote controlled car – Marks and Spencer (£25)
- Pre-school: Tots Town Train Set – Argos (£29.99)
“We’re really pleased with the Toy Testing event and the feedback we have had so far,” says interim Marketing Manager at Queensgate, Alice Watkinson. She adds: “This was a great chance for our retailers to bring out their best toys for the year, show them in action and let the children decide what they really want for Christmas. It’s good to see a mix of traditional and tech toys in top 10 plus a good range of prices for all of our shoppers.”
Queensgate Shopping Centre now begins its countdown to Christmas, which includes its Christmas Light Switch On on Saturday November 18, Santa’s Grotto, Black Friday weekend from November 24, the Christmas Gift Wrap service, the Gift Tree and Westgate Arcade’s Elfie Selfie competition from December 1.
To keep up with the latest and what’s happening at Queensgate, visit www.queensgate-shopping.co.uk